The official guide to download Kodi for Windows 10/8.1/7 easily, we have provided the direct tutorial to get Kodi for PC Download, please read the complete guide.
Kodi is a great alternative to online media streaming apps and default media players alike. It was initially made for the Xbox Gaming console and then later on made available for the rest of the platforms like Android, Linux, Mac OS, etc. Today, we will focus on Kodi for Windows PC Download App (Windows 10/8.1/7).
Kodi for PC allows you to watch movies, TV shows, and other media on your PC either from online sources or your own storage. It has many great features which make it among the best media players in the market. We will teach you how to get Kodi for Windows in this post.
Let me inform you that Kodi for PC is available in two ways, first by the official website and other by using the emulator to run the APK file of the app on PC. However, we’re going to focus only on the official way to get App to your PC.
Kodi for Windows PC Download Requirements
As we all know, technology plays an important role in our life. Furthermore, it gets new product features and simplifies the life of human beings. Similarly, to have the best user interface on Windows PC, the Operating systems of Windows are updated regularly.
Additionally, the new launched Apps for Windows need some requirements. So that it can be run by the user hassle free. So here we will look at the basic or minimum requirement to get Kodi for Windows PC. Refer the below points carefully.
You must also like using Kodi on Android
- The Operating System should be minimum Windows Vista to run the app. Here, we recommend user to prefer Windows 7 or above for the best experience.
- The recommended operating system requires the hardware video decoding feature.
- Video decoding refers to the case of quick transcoding i.e in a video from. Example, a Blu-ray Disk or DVD to a different format such as for smartphone.
- Here in this article, the video decoding requires DirectX 9 or upper version. It allows video decoding to be hardware accelerated.
- All Computers are of two types; 32 bit and 64 bit. Here Kodi requires minimum 32bit.
- Graphics Processing Unit should be least at level DirectX version 9.0c.
Hence, the above requirements are necessary because of the changes in Kodi may not support the older video cards/hardware. Now you can proceed with the steps as they are in the next section.
Kodi for PC Download
In this section, we will talk about getting started with Kodi on Windows PC. It is an open source application that allows the user to play videos and listen to music. It provides high-quality video streams for free. Follow the below steps to download and install Kodi for PC.
- Firstly, you need to have a Windows-enabled computer/laptop.
- Open a browser from windows PC that you normally use. Prefer a stable browser as it requires to download the file.
- Click the below link on your PC and it will take you the official download page of Kodi for Windows. Download Kodi for PC
- Now, click one of the links given on the web address and the download will start automatically.
- When the download is complete, proceed and locate the file destination.
- Launch the installation wizard by double-clicking the Kodi for Windows setup file.
- In same, click on the “Next” option; it will be there at bottom of the wizard window.
- Then, move to next screen wait until it shows you three options.
- After that, click “Agree” option to agree with the terms and conditions.
- You will be asked to choose content.
- Move ahead and select the “Next”.
- You will have to tick the options where one will ask you to create a shortcut launcher on your Windows desktop.
- Finally, Proceed to the final step – select the “Install” tab on the same window.
- The installation process will start and will take a little time.
- After the installation finished, there will be new notification.
- It will ask you to tick right on “Run Kodi” and then hit the “Finish” button.
- Now you can able to use all features of the app. You can even install your favorite Add-ons to enjoy live streams.
After the above process for Kodi for Windows PC. Now, the user should know the features of the app which are provided by developers. We have made a list of some of the best features that you will get in the app.
Kodi for PC Features
Kodi for Windows has many features and are available for free. These features have also helped it to be one of the most famous apps in its category. The app is so great that others have made modified versions of the original app. In the same way, it has different features which are as below.
Give this a try: Kodi PS4 and PS3
- Kodi Media center can play music and videos of any format.
- Users can create playlists of their favorite artists. You can access music whenever and wherever you want. It can also manage cue on playlists on your mood.
- It even supports all kind video extension to run on Windows.
- TV Library one of the awesome features which will allow you to find every possible Channel at one place.
- Skip steps is a simple method of additive skipping the content, which includes both music and videos.
- It allows the user to go forwards and backward with just the right and left keys. Additionally, pressing these keys continuously will skip with larger steps.
- It also supports streaming with Chromecast and Firestick. Hence, you can enjoy entertainment on a bigger screen.
The whole explanation is an overview of the features of Kodi for PC. We suggest you download the App once on your PC and try out those all features on your own.
Hence, at the end, we would like to know about the feedback to this article on Kodi for Windows PC Download App (Windows 10/8.1/7). You can reach us at Kodi App on Windows. Thank you and please share this with your friends.