We are here to explain the process of Kodi for iPhone Download & Install (Kodi iOS, iPad). The main objective of this post is to explain the process of downloading and installing Kodi on iPhone. Here, we’ll be providing links that will useful to readers to get the exact content files and pages for same.
Kodi is what you can call a free media streaming software. It can run on all operating systems such as iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android. Although it was initially available for only the Xbox media center, it was later made available for other platforms as well.
Kodi for iOS devices need a Jailbreak process until today; which voids the warranty of iOS running device. But now, non-jailbroken devices can also have Kodi on iPhone through different methods.
Kodi for iPhone without Jailbreak
Kodi iOS is not available on the App Store, which wasn’t the case with Android. So, you won’t be able to find the App on the iTunes Store. Instead, we’ll have to download the setup file and then use a Mac to install it on your iOS devices.
We will proceed further and guide you through the procedure to download Kodi for iPhone nad other iOS devices. This method is specially designed for the users who have non-jailbroken iOS device. If you are one of those readers, then follow this set of instructions.
Read this tutorial for Kodi for Firestick
Before proceeding further with Installation, there are three pre-requisites to successfully install Kodi iOS.
- First of all, download the deb file for Kodi for iPhone from here – deb file
- Then proceed to download App signer for iOS from GitHub – App singer
- You have to get Xcode on your Mac from App center. – Xcode
All these three things are absolutely necessary if you want to install Kodi iOS on your iOS device. And you also need to have a Mac PC at your disposal so that you can carry out the process without any hassles. And this is the only way you can do it if you don’t want to jailbreak your device.
- Connect the iPad/iPhone to your Mac via USB cable; the device on which you wish to use the app on.
- Open the Xcode App, tap on Create new project.
- In the menu, click Application. Then Select the option Single View Application. Now press Next.
- Here, You have to enter an un-relevant name(which is not in use for any other project) for the application. For example, enter “Kodi App for-iOS” inside the Name field.
- Fill all remaining details but most importantly the one for your Device, you will see a drop-down menu. We will extremely recommend user to keep it as normal as much as possible.
- Clicking Next will show you an error stating “No matching profiles found”.
- Now, Tap the “Add” tab to resolve the issue; it will require your Apple account ID to Login. Now, choose the development team then wait until Xcode solves your problem.
- If you want to install the app on multiple devices then you should repeat above steps for all devices.
- Now, launch the iOS Signer App after extracting the App and create its shortcut home screen.
- You have to Navigate and locate the Kodi iOS .deb file that you have got on your Mac before and select it as the input file.
- Now move to the “Signing Certificate” and select it. Also, select the profile “Kodi App for-iOS” that you had already created in Xcode new project.
- After that, input the new name for Kodi for iPhone and then click “Start”. It will generate the IPA file.
- Once you complete the previous step, return to the Xcode App under your Mac virtual menu, then click Devices.
- Choose the device(iPhone/iPad) that you would like to use the app on and press on ‘+’ icon. Locate it on the bottom of the screen.
- Locate and get the IPA setup file. The installation may take few minutes and then detach the iOS device from your Mac after the completion of the last step.
- Now, move to your Phone screen and locate the app icon and tap on in.
- At last, the Kodi on iPhone installation is complete.
With those above steps, the Kodi IOS/iPad App will successfully there on your device without any hassle. The user might feel the method to be a little complicated but it’s just lengthy. For the time bring, this is the only way to get Kodi for iPhone, iPad and any iOS touch device, without Jailbreaking their device.
Install Kodi for iPad/iPhone with Jailbreak
Why do users jailbreak the device? It is to install any unauthorized Apps and file on their iOS devices. It avoids the restrictions of Apple policy. i.e we can install apps which are not present in the iTunes directory. In other words, the Apps provided by other party vendors like Kodi for iPhone.
Jailbreaking may give you extra perks to enjoy on your iOS device, but it comes at a price. If you jailbreak your device, then it will void your warranty. But if you are already well beyond the warranty period, then you have nothing to worry about. You can go ahead and install Kodi iOS.
Anyhow, we are here to guide you on how to download and install Kodi for iPhone on a jailbroken device. Follow every step carefully. Note: Do a complete backup of your storage and settings prior to the process of jailbreak on iPhone/iPad.
- At first, disable the pass code, follow these steps
- Go to Settings > move to ID > then Pass code.
- Make your phone on Airplane mode, to do so, go to the control panel and turn off the network cellular data and WiFi.
- A key Tool is required to make Jailbreak on iPhone. We will recommend downloading the Pangu App from iTunes store.
- Open the Pangu App after installing it from iTunes on Mac or PC to ensure that it works.
- Once the iPhone is plugged in, Pangu App will discover the connected iPhone.
- Select the option to backup and move forward.
- Once the task is finished, it will reboot the device several times and will show the successful completion of the entire process.
- Now, Pangu App will start the process. It will be completed once the last reboot occurs on phone. Now Proceed further for Kodi for iPad App to install with using Cydia app on iPad/iPhone.
- After jailbreaking, the restriction from iOS will get disbanded and the inbuilt software will get exploited.
Users can install Cydia App if you want to get Kodi for iPhone. Cydia is a package installer software which allows you to get those Apps that aren’t officially available on the App Store.
Get the App for Windows: Kodi for Windows
The process to download Kodi iOS is lengthy and little complex. But, below we are giving some tips so that you can get it easily.
Now, getting on with the installation of Kodi for iPhone is a piece of cake once jailbreaking is done.
- Firstly, the user has to get Cydia package installer after jailbreaking instructions to your iPhone. It will already be present on Jailbroken devices.
- Launch Cydia on your iOS device and then click Sources.
- Click the edit tab for the addition of a new source.
- Go to the Cydia URL dialog box, and type this: “http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios” and then tap on option Add Source.
- Go back to the Cydia App on your device.
- After that, you’ll need to locate and tap into the source “Team Kodi”.
- You’ll have to move to Multimedia option. If you do not have any multimedia on your phone, then tap on edit and it will enable the option of multimedia.
- You will able to see the app after you have completed all the steps.
- In the end, click “Install” to download Kodi for iPhone.
Thus, you are set to get unlimited entertainment on Kodi iOS App. As we have already mentioned that, the method does not recommend as it is against the terms and services of Apple. So the best and safe way to get a hold of Kodi for iPhone is without Jailbreaking.
Features of Kodi iOS
It is not without reason that Kodi for iPad and iOs is one of the best iOS media streaming and media players. And the biggest reason of them all is that it is free to download and use on any device that you want. Now, there are many things that the app can do but we will only take a look at the best of them.
- Kodi for iPhone can play MP3, AAC, WMA and every other music format imaginable. It can also control user’s music collection with the smart feature.
- You can stream your favorite season’s episodes with CC input in any language.
- The App also allows you to download and install various add-ons that let you stream content from thousands of sources.
- The users can change the appearance of Kodi for iPhone to give it a new look by installing skins from the user community.
- Additionally, it is also available for Windows, Linux, Android, and other platforms too.
You get all above features in Kodi for iPhone along with awesome functions. It also lets you add different add-ons making it better than it already is. You can even use it to stream from your local storage.
Here, we have given every possible information regarding Kodi for iPhone Download & Install (Kodi iOS, iPad). If you have any issue with installation then contact us on Kodi Download and we’ll be more than happy to solve it for you.