Today we are here to give you information on the topic of Kodi Chromecast – How to Install Kodi on Chromecast. Chromecast is a dongle from Google that is essentially a media streaming device that receives the data from digital sources and plays it on an HDTV.
Moreover, Chromecast can be used with the App. Kodi Chromecast allows you to stream other media sources for free. It collects the content around the world and gives the access to the user all from one place. It is very easy to use and require a good bandwidth of internet access.
At the start of a new heading, we would like you to go over every topic with care and follow each step chronologically. We will be giving information about Kodi Chromecast usage in brief.
Install Kodi on Chromecast
To install Kodi for Chromecast you have to follow a few steps. There are essentially two methods for the installation. First is a short one and other is easy but long.
The Short process includes the Chromecast official App on Android to cast the movie on the big screen.
Whereas, the long process needs the ES Explorer to transfer Kodi Chromecast. Here we will start with the Long method first. Do not worry because it is easy to carry out.
Also, see how to use Kodi on Roku
Long Method (easy) to Install Kodi on Chromecast
- First, the user has to download some Applications from the web. They are as follow, ES File Explorer, LocalCast, Kodi, and XML file PlayerFactoryCore.
- All the links except “Playerfactorycore” are from the official Play store.
- The user can even search that names on the Play store from your Android smartphone.
- After you’ve installed the apps, go and open the ES Explorer.
- Then, open system Settings then move to “Display Settings”. Here you should make sure that the“Show hidden files” is turned ON.
- Once you are done, open the ES Explorer again. Then go to Downloads location.
- Now, this folder will contain all files that you have downloaded. In same find the file name “PlayerFactoryCore.xml”.
- Select and copy “PlayerFactoryCore.xml” from the same folder and move to folder “Android”. Where you will find “Data”, look for “org.xbmc.kodi”.
- Once done, click on Files; that you have chosen before. Then “user data” and now paste the file “PlayerFactoryCore.XML” into the same folder.
- After that, Open Kodi and locate and play any of the video files you would prefer to play.
- Kodi will launch LocalCast automatically – at the same time, Android smartphone will ask as to which app would you prefer using.
- Once you have loaded the file, you will be asked to tap “Play” and then it will ask about to choose the device to stream.
At last, it will ask you to click “Play”, and it will finally start playing on Chromecast to Television. Now, if you face any issues then you should follow the next method. Kodi Chromecast is very easy to use and with a lot of features.
- The user has to download the official Google Home App from the Play Store.
- Once you have installed the app, open it.
- Open the menu in the app and click “Cast Screen/ Audio”. Follow all the guidelines to connect it to Chromecast.
- Now, open the App on your Android device.
- Search and locate the video file you would like to play/watch and then press on “Play”.
- At last, it will start playing on the both devices at same time, but there is one problem that you can not turn off your screen or accept any calls.
Hence, from the above discussion, you get two methods to use Kodi Chromecast. The methods are completed with the use of Android smartphone. There is also an alternate method by which you can stream Kodi on Chromecast.
Use Kodi Chromecast by Computer
Using Kodi for Chromecast using a PC is not difficult. The user might face the problem with the Android device to cast the content to TV. Such as it may drain the battery, as well as the user, can not take calls while casting. So to overcome these issue, we are here with the best method for Kodi Chromecast using PC.
- First, the user has to download Chromecast and the Chrome browser on their PC. They should also make sure that they have Kodi on their PC.
- Now, Install Chrome Browser and its Chromecast extension on your Windows PC. Yow will find the extensions the Settings > tools.
- After that, open the browser and select “Cast” from the Chromecast casting extension.
- You will see the option of “Cast this page to”, it will have a down arrow. You have to click it and choose “Cast entire screen (experimental)”.
- After you have done that, the entire computer display will start streaming on your TV.
- Now, you can open the Kodi on Chromecast App and start any video that you want to watch.
The above information is useful to those people who are not willing to use their smartphone. The most amazing thing that you get from the Kodi Chromescast combination is that you can enjoy all the Movies that you want on a screen bigger than your average smartphone.
Benefits of Kodi Chromecast
The best reason to use Kodi for Chromecast is that it allow you to cast anything from the app to your TV and that too for free. With the Chromecast device, you get clear and smooth video streams by casting. On top of that, the Chromecast dongle is very much affordable.
Try using Kodi on iPhone
Here are a few of the benefits of using Kodi Chromecast.
- It makes your Movie streaming experience better with a bigger screen.
- You can enjoy the app seamlessly without any interruptions like calls, texts which happens on Android devices frequently.
- The most important one is that it is cost effective. Hence, it saves a lot of your money.
- Kodi Chromecast gives you great features and is among the best in the media streaming market.
- It can play almost every audio and video format imaginable.
- There are tons of Add-ons that allow you to watch movies and TV Shows from a number of sources.
- You can also download or directly listen to music using those add-ons on Kodi on Chromecast.
These were the features of the app when used with Chromecast dongle. You can surely see why you should get the dongle and use Kodi for Chromecast for the best experience.
Hence, we have presented all useful information on getting Kodi Chromecast – How to Install Kodi on Chromecast by using different methods. We will here to solve your queries and you can reach us at Kodi App.